PS/PW Line Heat Exchangers
PS and PW-Type U-tube heat exchangers are designed for a wide range of liquid to liquid (PW) and steam to liquid (PS) applications.
Enhanced with stainless steel tubing in the standard construction, and available in a broad range of sizes and configurations, these PS/PW U-tube heat exchangers are designed for industrial applications with strict duties and heat transfer requirements.
The removable tube bundles make it convenient to clean and inspect these units.
- Industrial and commercial heating and cooling
- Industrial and commercial condensers
Optional construction materials are available. A unit may be fabricated using dissimilar metals for each section. Please contact our office for details.
Maximum Working Pressure
- Up to 150 PSI (1.03 MPa)
Maximum Working Temperature
- Up to 375°F (190°C)
- Stainless steel 304 tubes
- Carbon steel shell
- Carbon steel tubesheet
- Cast iron/steel head
- non-asbestos/pressed fibre gaskets
- U-tube construction.
- Units designed for liquid to liquid (PW) and steam to liquid (PS) applications.
- Available in standard 2 or 4 pass construction.
- Removable tube bundles for convenience in cleaning and inspection.
- Strong, durable construction with stainless steel tubes and rugged cast-iron or steel head in standard units. (Optional materials are available).
- U-tube and baffle arrangements designed to maximize heat transfer performance.
- Tubes expanded into stationary tubesheet allow for tube expansions and contractions, due to thermal fluctuations, without causing stresses on the joints. Welding tubes to the tubesheet is optional.
- Customization of units with higher pressures, temperature ratings, and other materials possible.
The product information and literature on this website are intended as a guideline for general purposes only. Models, dimensions, and operational parameters are subject to change at AIC's discretion. Contact AIC directly for updated design specifications.
PS/PW Line Technical Product Specifications
|Materials of Construction|
|TUBES||SS304||COPPER, SS316, 90/10 CuNi|
|HEAD||CAST IRON / STEEL||STAINLESS STEEL|
|GASKETS||NON-ASBESTOS, COMPRESSED FIBER||-|
|Standard Design Parameters|
|Type||Design Pressure||Design Temperature|
|SHELL||150 PSI (1.03 MPa)||375°F (190°C)|
|TUBES||150 PSI (1.03 MPa)||375°F (190°C)|
All standard units are available with:
- Steel shell body.
- Sturdy, rugged cast-iron or steel head.
- Heat transfer area ranging from 5 to 1380 sq. ft. in 2 and 4 pass units.
- Removable U-tube bundles made from 3/4" stainless steel tubing.
- Sturdy shell body.
- Mounting saddles.
- 2 or 4 pass construction with lengths up to 10 ft. and shell diameters up to 30 in.
- 1. CONNECTIONS Standardized sizes for easy assembly. Additional thread and surface protection for clean installation.
- 2. TUBESHEET U-bend tubes expanded into tubesheet allow for tube expansions and contractions due to thermal fluctuations.
- 3. GASKETS High quality compressed fibers (reusable).
- 4. HEAD Standard cast-iron or steel head for heavy duty services (also available as a spare part).
- 5. MOUNTING Saddles attached with standard units for quick & easy mounting.
- 6. BAFFLES Punched baffles with minimum clearances between tubes assure correct fluid flow and minimized bypass.
- 7. SHELL Welded shell protected with high quality paint for corrosion resistance.
- 8.TUBE BUNDLE Stainless steel tubes allow for strong, durable performance over a wide range of applications. Unique tube bundle layout minimizes buildup problems at the edges and optimizes media flow in the units.